Recommended: Use the Example Spreadsheet to get started
To prevent any issues down the road, we highly recommend downloading our example spreadsheet as a starting point.
- To edit the spreadsheet in Google Docs: Go to File → Make a Copy. Once you've made a copy you can edit it for personal use
- To edit the spreadsheet in Excel or Numbers, Go to File → Download, and select your preferred format.
Understanding the different columns
Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, State, Zip and Country are all used so Circuit can locate the stop as accurate as possible. Ambiguous data can cause stops to end up in the wrong street or city. We recommend being as complete as possible and double checking everything is in the correct column.
- Earliest Time: When ordering the stops, Circuit will make sure the ETA for this stop is later than the entered time
- Latest Time: Circuit will make sure the stop is done before this time
- Time at stop: The estimated amount of time the driver will need to from parking at the address to leaving again. Stated in minutes. These estimates are critical to ensure ETAs for stops, especially those at the end of the day, are correct. To get the best ETAs, make sure to set a correct average ETA in your team settings.
In this example, the first stop will be scheduled between 08:30 and 15:30, and it will take the driver 5 minutes to make the delivery.
The second stop will be scheduled after 10:30, but doesn't have a latest time. It will take the driver 2 minutes to deliver.
Notes are used for general information and can be seen and edited by admins, dispatchers or drivers. On arrival, drivers will see the notes, so they can be particularly useful for delivery instructions.
- Name: Name of the recipient
- Email address & Phone number: Used to send automatic messages to recipients. We recommend using the Phone number whenever possible. If that's not available, Circuit will use the email as a fallback
To hook Circuit up to your existing system, you can use the Id column to link entities.
If you need to keep track of the amount of units in a certain order, use the Order Count column.
If for any reason, a specific order needs to be fulfilled by a specific driver, you can do so using the Driver column.
If you leave the field empty in a multi-driver route, Circuit will automatically assign the stop to the driver for whom it's most efficient.
If you want to assign it to a specific driver, fill the field with the phone number or email address of that driver. If you're unsure, you can find any drivers email or phone number in the team management page.
Once you've prepared your spreadsheet, learn how to import it into Circuit.