Getting started with Circuit: add stops to your route and optimize your route
It only takes a few minutes to get your first route built with Circuit, and a few seconds more to have it optimized into the best possible order.
Step 1: Add all of your stops
- On the main screen of Circuit, tap the 'Edit button'. Here you can add all of your stops.
- Type in the address you want to add. As you type, Circuit suggests nearby addresses.
- After selecting the correct address, you can add notes and other stop requirements.
- Repeat until you've added all of your stops.
Note: Circuit will automatically reorder all of your stops later, so don't worry about adding your stops in order.
Step 2: Route set-up
Circuit will put your stops in the best order. To get the best routes, Circuit needs to know from where you leave in the morning and return in the evening.
- Open the 'Edit Route' screen.
- Find 'Start Location' at the top and select 'Set'.
- Enter the address you start from (e.g. your home or depot).
- If you want Circuit to take into account expected traffic, make sure to set your 'Depart Time' as well.
- Repeat for your 'End Location'.
Step 3: Optimize your route
On the main screen, you'll now see the 'Optimize Route' button.
- Tap the button.
- Circuit will now create the best route for you by putting your stops in the most efficient order.
Note: If you didn't set a start and end location, Circuit uses your current location instead.
Step 4: Navigating from stop to stop
- If you're happy with your route, tap the 'Start Route' button.
- Your first stop will be automatically highlighted.
- Click 'Start' to navigate to your first stop.
- This will start navigation to your stop in your preferred navigation app. By default this is Google Maps, but you can change it to the any app you like.
- Once you arrive at the stop, switch back to Circuit and click 'Done'
- Repeat for your next stop